[Setup] Re: password reset tool and CMF Member error

Maurits van Rees news.maurits at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 31 15:32:43 UTC 2006

Yahong Wu, on 2006-03-28:
> I got validateSingleEmailAddress attribute error when I tried to
> reset user's password.
>
> The following are the tools I am using:
>
> Plone version: 2.1.2
> Zope 2.8.5-final
> CMFMember 1.1-beta2
> PasswordResetTool 0.3.0
>
> Here is the traceback:
(...)
>    Module Products.CMFPlone.PloneTool, line 183, in
> validateSingleEmailAddress
> AttributeError: validateSingleEmailAddress

Then it fails on the last line of this code:

    def validateSingleEmailAddress(self, address):
        """Validate a single email address, see also validateEmailAddresses."""
        host = self.getMailHost()
        return host.validateSingleEmailAddress(address)

Which begs to ask the question:

- What MailHost product are you using in Plone?  SimpleMailHost?
SecureMailHost?  Something else?

- Do you have it setup correctly in the Plone Configuration Center?

Well, those are *two* questions actually. :)

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/