[Setup] Plone through Apache on Mac OS X 10.4 Server (Tiger) Problems

Daniel Melnechuk isis at isisdesign.com
Fri Mar 31 06:39:16 UTC 2006

Stefan,

It sounds like you are recommending that i start over? Timothy
mentioned that "ZEO" is not available in the prepackaged Mac OS X
binary install. Is that something to consider with staying or not?

I did get my plone to serve correctly through apache with Timothy
Reaves's rewrite rule:

	For other Plone instances, you need:
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://127.0.0.1:8300/VirtualHostBase/http/%
{SERVER_NAME}:80/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]

along with moving the Virtual Host Monster into the Plone object.
Both WERE needed to make it work.

Not sure what you meant about default site... are you talking about
the default site for Apache?

Thanks TImothy for you help!

I have already done some work setting up the plone site. If i stay
with this for the moment, but later want to install from scratch with
tarball, can i:

1. Stop plone.
2. install plone from tarball.
3. create an instance.
4. move the zope db from my current one into the var dir of the
instance and start up new plone and have a chance of working?

Peace,
Dan