[Setup] Re: disable discussion for whole site

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 22 08:59:15 UTC 2006

Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:44:41 -0800, Raphael Ritz
> <r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> No, that's not the point here. Removing the 'Relpy' button
>> can be achived by changing the 'Reply to item' permission.
>>
>> What's left is the 'allow discussion' field on the edit form
>> which then becomes pretty useless.
>

> Yup. Can either of you log it as a bug at http://dev.plone.org/plone -
> and  we'll see if we can fix Plone to check for the setting when
> deciding to  show the field?

It's not exactly trivial as replying to an item is
one thing and to change whether discussion of this
item should be allowed or not is another.

If we could live with controlling the fields visibility
by checking for the reply permission on the current user,
however, this would be straight-forward (and solve the
original problem that triggered this thread).

Opinions anyone?

Raphael