[Setup] Problem with installing Plone

Robert Sarracino robertsarracino at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 19:18:55 UTC 2006

My Plone installation, run from the file Plone-2.1.2.exe, doesn't work.

I have Python 2.4 installed on my computer, which may be the source of the
problem, and I'm using Windows XP.  I also have McAfee installed, but
disabled the firewall when downloading and when when running the Plone exe
file.

When I run the Plone exe file an error message pops up at the end of the
installation process:

"executing the command 'setupsite.py' failed.  Schema error: could not load
package ZServer:<exceptions.ImportError instance at 0x00D2FFDD>"

Regards,

Robert