[Setup] copy paste problem

gtr_yah gtrennert at yahoo.fr
Tue Mar 14 12:27:34 UTC 2006

Hello
I'm new to plone but I'm coming from zope / cps
I have now a little problem when trying to work with copy / paste to
edit some first content of our site
but there comes up a nice message telling me :

Copying from JavaScript is disabled on your Mozilla due to security settings.
For more information, read http://www.mozilla.org/editor/midasdemo/securityprefs.html

I looked for this page :

  Setting Prefs for the Mozilla Rich Text Editing Demo

To protect users' private information, unprivileged scripts cannot
invoke the Cut, Copy, and Paste commands in the Mozilla rich text
editor, so the corresponding buttons on the Mozilla Rich Text Editing
demo page will not work. To enable these functions for purposes of the
demo, you must modify your browser preferences.

   1. Quit Mozilla. If you have Quick Launch running (in Windows, an
      icon in the toolbar), quit that too.
   2. Find your Mozilla profile directory. On Windows, this is often
      located in |c://WINNT/Profiles/<your Windows login>/Application
      Data/Mozilla|. (See also editing configuration files
      <http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit> for more info on
      locating your profile folder.)
   3. Open the |user.js| file from that directory in a text editor. If
      there's no |user.js| file, create one.
   4.

      Add these lines to |user.js|:

      user_pref("capability.policy.policynames", "allowclipboard");
      user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites", "http://www.mozilla.org");
      user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.cutcopy", "allAccess");
      user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.paste", "allAccess");

   5. Save the file, and restart Mozilla. The Clipboard buttons should
      now function.

I tried it (creating a user.js file in the firefox profile folder but
the message keeps on ...

Can you please help me ?
Gustav