[Setup] Multiple Plones Sites within Zope Instance

Beren Erchamion felagund at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 13 21:37:21 UTC 2006

I can tell from reading thru the boards and thru the plone and zope
sites that this is a common question, but I'm still having trouble
getting this to work. What I want is to have multiple plone sites within
a single Zope instance accessible from separate http domains:

Plone site "test1" would be at url: http://www.test1.com
Plone site "test2" would be at url: http://www.test2.com

the plone sites would be in Zope at the top level.

I'm runing apache 2.0.55; Zope 2.8.4; Plone 2.1.2

I have this setup now and have the sites working on 8080 with no
problems. I've configured apache per the instructions available from
many places and I can get the first site working ok with rewrite via
apache. The rule I'm using is this:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName www.test1.com
RewriteEngine On
RewriteLog "c:\temp\rewrite_log"
RewriteLogLevel 1
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.test1.com:80/test1/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]
</VirtualHost>

So I get a response that's ok, but when I try to add a rule for the
second site like this:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName www.test2.com
RewriteEngine On
RewriteLog "c:\temp\rewrite_log"
RewriteLogLevel 1
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.test2.com:80/test2/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]
</VirtualHost>

It comes up as the first site again and not the second. I've tried
various permutations of this, but can't quite to seem to make it work.

Any help would be appreciated.

fin