[Setup] Re: Post-migration problem with site-content (& breadcrumbs)

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Fri Mar 10 01:14:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 09:31:24 -0800, Krys Dudek
<krys at cim.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> The problem is that it isn't possible to view any site content (with the
> exception of the index_html files) without an "Attribute Error"  having
> a value of "breadcrumbs".
> It should be noted that although the index_html files display without
> error, the breadcrumb(s) displayed in the pathbar  incorrectly read
> "Home" .

This sounds like you have copies of the Plone 2.0 breadcrumb code still in
there. It was radically changed in 2.1 for efficiency (total rewrite), so
you have to re-do these customizations.

> I've made sure that the catalog is up to date.
> I've reverted most customized files to their plone_skins default.

Seems you have forgotten to disable some of them. Try disabling them all
(rename custom to custom2 or similar), and see if the site renders then.