[Setup] Re: Re: Plone site backup and restore

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sun Mar 5 02:09:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 04:23:14 -0800, Pete
<peteredhair at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry to get in the middle but i've tried to copy/past and it seems that
> not
> all the content gets copied, i thought it was normal, but for instance
> one
> thing that comes up right away is that on the copy the logo doesn't show,
> instead the default plone logo is in place.

Well, you just copied the content, the whole reason for doing this in the
first place was because you screwed up the configuration somehow, right?

> When we copy or cut does only the content get copied ? the plone config
> not
> ?
> How do i make a full copy to be able to restore everything in no time
> (including config, logo,.....) ?

The skin changes are stored in portal_skins/custom, and you can use the
same cut/paste approach here. Any other changes you have done you should
probably do again, since that's why you wanted to do this in the first
place.