[Setup] Re: UnicodeDecodeError in events

Lauri Virtanen lauri.virtanen at sll.fi
Sat Mar 4 11:28:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:17:08 +0200, Lauri Virtanen wrote:
> In one of my Plone-2.1.2 test systems I have two sites:
> 1) "oldsite" originating to Plone v0.X beta, migrated several times,
>    converted from 2.0.5 ISO-8859-1 to 2.1.2 UTF-8.
> 2) "newsite" that is added in 2.1.2
>
> Everything else seems fine except events:
>
> In "newsite":
>   I can read an old event
>   I can edit an old event
>   I can add a new event
>   I can copy a the new event to "oldsite"
>
> In "oldsite":
>   I can read an old event
>   I can not edit an old event -> UnicodeDecodeError
>   I can not add any new events -> UnicodeDecodeError
>   I can read an event copied from "newsite" but I can not edit it

I finally found a way to fix this:
- Created once more a new Plone instance
- Changed portal_types CMF Large Plone Folder "implicitly addable"
- Copied Members, acl_users, portal_memberdata and portal_groupdata
  from old site
- Copied files and folders from the old site
- Made all customizations to the new site

I did however loose all the date info (when created & published)
in news items.