[Setup] Re: Plone site backup and restore

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Thu Mar 2 18:58:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 00:50:05 -0800, Myo Gyi
<myozaw at ait.ac.th> wrote:

> I have a plone site running well. But, because of I changed something in
> ZMI, I can't use PloneBook by Andy McKay. I think I change something in
> ArchiveType.
>
> So, I tested by creating a new Plone site from ZMI and install PloneBook
> and
> it works!
>
> What I want to do is, I would like to delete existing plone site and
> recreate a new one and restore data back. Then I will have a new plone
> site
> with new setting and old data. Can it be possible? If it can, please let
> me
> know hwo can I backup and restore data.

The easiest way is to just create another Plone instance inside the same
Zope, and use cut/paste to move your data over.

Another approach would be to use the export/import functionality of the
ZMI to move it to a different Zope altogether. But try the first approach,
that works best (and is the easiest).