[Setup] multiple plone sites: need advice on how to set up

Stuart L. Marshall marshall at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 30 23:03:47 UTC 2006

I've looked and it says:

   # Database (zodb_db) section
   #
   #     A database section allows the definition of custom database
   #     and
   #     storage types.  More than one zodb_db section can be defined.
   #
   # Default: unset.
   #          IMPORTANT: At least one database with a mount-point of
   #          "/"
   #          must be specified for Zope to start properly.

   <zodb_db main>
       # Main FileStorage database
       <filestorage>
	 path $INSTANCE/var/Data.fs
       </filestorage>
       mount-point /
   </zodb_db>

   <zodb_db temporary>
       # Temporary storage database (for sessions)
       <temporarystorage>
	 name temporary storage for sessioning
       </temporarystorage>
       mount-point /temp_folder
       container-class Products.TemporaryFolder.TemporaryContainer
   </zodb_db>

Now please keep in mind I have not done this before!

If I want to have 2 Data.fs files, say Data1.fs, Data2.fs
it is not clear what to do.  I can write:

   <zodb_db main1>
       # Main FileStorage database
       <filestorage>
         path $INSTANCE/var/Data1.fs
       </filestorage>
       mount-point /
   </zodb_db>

   <zodb_db main2>
       # Main FileStorage database
       <filestorage>
         path $INSTANCE/var/Data2.fs
       </filestorage>
       mount-point /
   </zodb_db>

But then what happens in the zope management interface when I
go to create a plone site?  How do I associate one with Data1.fs
and the second with Data2.fs.

I did not find any definitive examples or explanation of this in
the zope documentation.

I have not tried to start zope with this config yet, but will
shortly.

thanks,
Stuart

Quoting Alan Runyan (alan at enfoldsystems.com) on Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 01:48:01PM -0500: