[Setup] Re: Plone 2.1.3 to Plone 2.5 cookie authentication problems

Steven McDonald mcdonald at triumf.ca
Tue Jun 27 15:04:56 UTC 2006

Hi Shaddo-X

    Yes, I had a similiar issue when I upgraded from 2.05 to 2.1.2 I was
using LDAPUserFolder, since 2.1.2 required a updataed version of python
I had forgotten to compile the python-ldap drivers for the new python,
consequently ldap auth broke. The peculiar issue that arose was very
similiar to yours not only could I not login to the upgraded site as an
ldap authenticated user  (which makes sense) but I could NOT login as
the plone root user, but I could login as a local user.

Glad your problem is solved.

Steve