[Setup] Re: How do I update products version on zeo clients?

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Mon Jun 19 11:28:01 UTC 2006

Manuel Spuhler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed a zeo server with 4 zeo clients. My products are
> synchronized via svn. (I still have to make one Products directory and
> three symlinks to it).
>
> I have a round robin script to dispatch requests on the zeo clients. My
> problem is to use the quickinstaller to re-install the products I
> updated on each zeo client instance. By now I have to be very lucky to
> log on each zeo client to update the products to get the same version
> everywhere... I believe there is a way to do it. Hopefully ;-)
>
> Anybody could help me on this please?
>
> Manuel Spuhler

Manuel,
   I've encountered exactly the same problem as you, needing to be "very
lucky" . ;-)
   This whole situation is very weird. If you did anything else in one
of those clients , like create some content, it gets written to the ZODB
then the other clients pick up the changes from the ZODB.
    What is special about add/remove products? Why is that change NOT
picked up by other clients? It seems as though there's some kind of
caching problem with it. I wonder if it is a bug.
    The current solution to me seems to be simply, temporarily only run
1 client, while you are updating products. So there's a workaround for
you....
Regards,
Nick

--