[Setup] Re: yet another Virtual Host Monster problem

zoomo risky at zoomo.com
Thu Jun 15 01:10:21 UTC 2006

Here's my relevant setup info. I have Apache on port 80 and Zope on port
8080.

At enom I use a URL Redirect:

     virtual.com -> http://actual.com

 From my apache httpd-vhosts.conf file is:

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName virtual.com
     RewriteEngine on

     RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/virtual.com:80/myplonesite/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[P]
</VirtualHost>

Results: When I browse to "virtual.com", "http://actual.com" appears in
the address bar.

Note: When I use the Tamper Data Add-On to Firefox, I see all the
requests going out to "virtual.com/xxx" and coming back with 302, and
then subsequent requests going out to "actual.com/xxx".

John