[Setup] Installing Plone on Windows Server 2006 : dream or reality ?

delahaut.marie-anne at wallonie-isoc.org delahaut.marie-anne at wallonie-isoc.org
Fri Jul 21 21:42:05 UTC 2006

Hello,

I would like to install Plone on my research centre, to update our web with
new services. As network administrator, I have been working mainly with
Microsoft since 1996 and I really would enjoy discovering free software.

I had a look at the documentation on "plone.org", it seems quite difficult
to implement Plone + Zope + Python + SMF on a Windows Server 2003 (in
French).

Of course, online comments about Plone mainly report bugs or problems, so I
would like to know if it is possible to install those programs without
problems and... alone, not knowing at all the Plone functions ?

We have two servers, one with SQL and private databases, the other with DNS,
web and mail services.
I see the Plone Installer for Windows includes Zope 2.9.3 with hotfix, but
what are the recommendations for the Firewall, databases, etc... ?

Thank you for your attention and answer,
Kind regards,

Marie-Anne Delahaut
Marie-Anne Delahaut * delahaut.marie-anne at wallonie-isoc.org
directrice de recherche et responsable du Pôle Information
director of research and head of the Information Unit
Institut Jules-Destrée * the Destree Institute
Namur, Région Wallonie * www.Wallonie-en-ligne.net/
Internet Society Wallonie * www.Wallonie-ISOC.org/
Tél. : +32(0)81.26.10.12. - Fax : +32(0)81.22.64.11.