[Setup] migrating from Plone 2.0 to 2.1

Mrozkowski, Andy amrozkowski at mhc.edu
Tue Jul 11 16:24:04 UTC 2006

Greetings,
This is my first post.
I have operated a Plone 2.0 site for a year now (LDAP with Active Directory on a separate Windows machine). Hoping to acquire better syndication and ordered folders...I backed up my Plone instances and upgraded Zope (2.7.6) and then Plone (2.1).
Now I have several problems:
I can get into ZMI, no problem, but I cannot get into my Plone site from there. I can successfully add a new Plone site to the ZMI root, and see it added (tested also).
My old Plone site is broken (attribute error: __getItem__) but DOES display the homepage in another browser.
When I log in it fails (see error above).

Assuming that authentication was broken, I followed steps for resetting up the LDAP auth method. But if I cannot access the Plone site in ZMI, then I can't alter the acl_users folder to hook up LDAP.
Does anyone have a clue what I could be doing wrong?
TIA,
Andy