[Setup] Re: Plone 2.0.4 -> Plone 2.5 Errors

Jamie Robe robej at plancom.org
Mon Jul 31 18:50:06 UTC 2006

Hi Paul, Not sure of a specific answer, but I have been "migrating" from
2.0.5 to 2.5 for about 2 weeks. I have 4 sites, and if you look back
over this list a few weeks, I worked mainly on converting CMFPhoto and
CFMPHoto album over to image and folder types. You may have things like
that too, products that aren't working or won't work.
One thing that has worked for me so far on my largest Data.fs, is to not
migrate the whole plone site, but to export/import, or even just do a
cut and paste. Since you can see your old plone site in the ZMI, go to
the ZMI root, and create a new fresj plone site (will of course be a
brand new 2.5 site :-). Then you CUT and paste folder over one by one
(or all of them if you are really lucky - I wasn't) and following these
steps: http://plone.org/documentation/faq/importing-2.0-content-into-2.1
The only big problem I have had is running out of memory on either the
paste process or in the final migrate step. NOTE that the steps in the
FAQ are NOT using the migration tab you found below - that one does a
whole site. Instead, it talks about goint to the portal_atct. That will
become your friend!!!

Good luck - I hope it works.
Jamie