[Setup] Re: Plone Site Compatibility Between Windows XP & Mac OS X?

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Fri Jul 28 09:08:41 UTC 2006

Jim Wagner wrote:

> Assuming the Win/XP development environment and the Mac OS X environment have the exact
> same version of Plone installed, will this Export / Import method work in transferring the
> customized Plone site?
>
> Any assistance, assurance or advice that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

What you suggest sounds very reasonable and shouldn't be beset with
problems.

Plone/Zope is written in python, which is platform independent.

I might suggest to keep things simple, if possible only use the ZODB
(Zope's built-in object database) and avoid using an external SQL
database, or storing any files on the filesystem. That means less to set
up in your target environment. (Not a show-stopper if you did have to
though).

As long as you have the same versions, you can copy across the Data.fs,
and any extra python source code/Products that you write, and it should
be fine.

Regards,
Nick

--