[Setup] "ImportError : No module named ImpPython"

Marie-Anne Delahaut delahaut.marie-anne at wallonie-isoc.org
Thu Jul 27 12:57:43 UTC 2006

Thanks, Kwang,

In fact, I have installed the package proposed online:
"Plone for Windows (20 MB, Installer (includes Zope 2.9.3 with hotfix) for
Windows 2000/XP/2003".

1. Configuration on my PC (intended as a test for me to learn Plone)
**
I now have the repertories:
\Plone 2
\\ Data
\\ Python (2.4.3)
\\ XController
\\ Zope (3.1.4) (I see it is the last version proposed on Python.org)

The files in \Plone 2 are: Licence.txt, plone.ico, postinstall.log,
unins000.dat, inins000.exe, but no "plone.exe".
The "postinstall.log" ends with this :
"File "C:\Program Files\Plone 2\Zope\lib\python\AccessControl\ImplC.py",
line 30, in ?
    from ImplPython import RestrictedDTML, SecurityManager,
ZopeSecurityPolicy
ImportError: No module named ImplPython
07/26/06 18:11:02: 2560: finished"

==> so should I uninstall Plone, reinstall Python and then reinstall Plone ?

2. Configuration on our server
**
In fact, I want to install Plone on our extranet server, actually running
with Windows Server 2003, with DNS, mail server, and IIS for our websites on
the Port 80.
- will Plone run on Port 80 as well ?
- if not, what Port should I open on the Firewall for Plone ?
- our websites are created in the IIS and developed with FrontPage
extensions : can I chose Plone for the new webs in the IIS ?

Thanks again for your help,

Marie-Anne