[Setup] Re: plone setup

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Fri Jul 21 02:20:28 UTC 2006

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:29:05 -0700, deepak verghese
<lildeepak at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

>  I had posed a query in the mailing list but i was
> able to solve it.
>  I have installed PLone now on Fedora core 5.We had
> first installed plone on windows and made the
> necessary customization to it.Now i want to import
> this customization to the linux server which is
> running fedore.
>  Will copying the products folder from the windows
> machine and replacing the products folder in
> zeocluster with that do the trick?
> Thanks in advance

Because of the Windows/Linux line ending differences, the best approach is
to re-download and install the products on the Linux server (make sure all
the versions are the same!), and then move over the Data.fs file from
Windows to Linux.

See http://plone.org/documentation/faq/plone-backup-move