[Setup] plone setup

deepak verghese lildeepak at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jul 20 15:01:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

 This is actually the first time i am ever trying to
setup a webserver so i am a lil bit of a novice.

The biggest problem I have is that I have a server it
is a sun  x2100 and i have setup FEDORA CORE 5 on it.I
installed plone 2.5 using the 'universal installer for
all platforms'. IT seemed to install Plone and ZOpe
and Python.
 I could view the zmi at http://localhost:8080/manage
_main and i added a Plone site to the Zeo cluster.But
i am not able to view Plone ie the Plone welcome page.
What should i do now to view PLone ?

 I have another query too. If i manage to install and
view Plone on my system how shud i make it available
over the internet such that it can be viewed over the
for other systems.

 I had setup Plone on my windows system and had
customized it a bit.I had transferred it to another
windows machine by copying and replacing the plone
folders in that machine with the ones on my comp.Would
i be able to do the same to transer it to linux?

 But mainly i am not being able to view plone itself
on my solaris machine.Could you help me with what i
shoud do next.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanking you
Deepak