[Setup] Re: Which Zope version to use?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Tue Jul 18 09:20:40 UTC 2006

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 01:56:11 -0700, Ben
<shadroth at gmail.com> wrote:

> My requirements are:
> 1. security
> 2. stability
> 3. low maintenance: long lifecycle OR newer stream that's easier to
> upgrade.
> 4. speed
> 5. features
>
> It seems I should be getting Plone 2.5, but I can't work out which Zope
> to use.
>
> Server OS is CentOS 4.3 with default Apache, MySQL and versions.

Use the newest Python and Zope you can get away with; at this time of
writing that is Python 2.4.x and Zope 2.9.x. They are both well-proven and
stable releases at this point.

Plone 3.0 will require Zope 2.10, but still run on Python 2.4.x. Upgrading
Python is usually the painful part - Zope and Plone upgrades are trivial
(but migration of heavily customized sites can be harder - this is a
separate concern, though).