[Setup] Re: problems with Members folder after a 2.0.5 -> 2.1.3 migration

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Mon Jul 10 09:58:16 UTC 2006

Zhelia wrote:

> Concerning the initial version of Plone, it might help you to know that
> it's a 2.0.5 one (not a RC, according to the ZMI informations and the
> Plone tarball name).
Its a 2.0.5 version now.

However, my question, which maybe you didn't understand was, in the PAST
, was that site a 2.0.RCx ?  (When you first made the site, what version
of Plone was it?)

I ask that because we had the same problem as you going from 2.0.5 to
2.1.2 and it was caused by the fact that in the past this 2.0.5 had been
a 2.0.RCx version which had a bug.

> In addition, I 've tried to test also this morning the code you were
> talking about with Raphael Ritz in the old posts I quoted above ...
> again without success but I'm absolutely not sure to do the things
> correctly :
>
> - I edit a file and only put (Do I must add something ?)
> site = app['myIdSite']
> tt = site['portal_types']
> tt['Large Plone Folder']._finishConstruction(site.Members)

You're missing the import transaction ; transaction.commit ! It won't
save the change if you miss that.

This could be the reason it doesn't work for you.

> - I restore my old datafs, and keep the Plone 2-1-3's products
Good

> - I start, go to quickinstaller to install Archetypes, ATContent and
> portal_transforms
Good - though when I did it I didn't do portal_transforms (possibly we
didn't need to ..)

> - I stop and launch zopectl run "myFile"
Good - or you can use zopectl debug and cut& paste too - thats what I did.
Now you need to remember to commit the transaction too.

> - I start, I recatalog CMF, I update the atct version, then go to
> migration Type to fix name, type and migrate
Try also at this point, types migration in portal_atct.  This is a step
that migration should do automatically, but it doesn't hurt to do it
here. After types migration, you should see in the ZMI (and also a copy
in the event.log) a list of objects that it has converted. All your CMF
Folders should be converted to ATFolder and Members should be converted
to ATBTreeFolder at this point.

> - [and site migration]
>
> ... and ... I don't have an ATBTreeFolder and the error is still there :-(
>
> I 'm probably not doing what it is necessary ... isnt it ?
Hopefully its because you didn't commit the transaction , and I hope
when you do that it will work.  ;-)

> Tanks again for your help and sorry for my bad english (don't hesitate
> to ask me to reformulate when it's not understandable),
No problem. Hey, I can't speak any other languages (apart from a little
bit of French, badly) :-)

All the the best,
Nick

--