[Setup] Re: problems with Members folder after a 2.0.5 -> 2.1.3 migration

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Thu Jul 6 15:49:16 UTC 2006

Zhelia wrote:

> After a "successfull" migration, the "view", "edit" or "see properties"
> actions on Members'folder throw errors (see the tracebacks below).
> This looks like an "old" bug (http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/5089)
> Does Members folder really migrate correctly ? Some informations :
>
> - Before and after migration Members'folder has a "Large Plone Folder"
> metatype, and a "Folder" type
>
> - Members'folder isn't listed in the archetype tools 's catalog (so it
> hasn't an UID)
>
> - If I modify the aliases of the "FOLDER" type (and not those of "Large
> Plone Folder" type) in the portal type, replacing "dynamic view" and
> "atct_edit" by folder_listing or folder_contents and "folder edit form"
> , it works.
>
> I have follow the advices of Alec Mitchell on SF (update portal_catalog,
> atct_portal/recatalog, atct_portal/type Migration/fix portal type name
> and migrate) without success (but all seems to go well).
> I would like to apply the Raphael Ritz 's code but ... hmm ... well, i'm
>  afraid to say that I don't know how to do exactly ...
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> regards,
>
> Chloé

Hello Chloe,
   Folders failing to convert to ATCT during migration, have
historically been caused by a missing 'portal_type'. If your site was in
the past a 2.0.RCx version of Plone for example, bugs in those early
releases could leave portal_type missing.
   If you go to the ZMI, to portal_atct, then to type_migration and
scroll down there is a button marked "Fix missing portal type". Try in
your 2.0.5 site clicking this button before you start migration. Then do
all the other steps as you did before. I cannot promise but this might
fix it.
   Even if you think its unlikely you're missing portal_type, it would
help to try this and at least eliminate the possibility.
Regards
Nick

--
Nick Davis