[Setup] Executing command setupSite.py failed

Kates, Sheridan (UK - London) skates at deloitte.co.uk
Thu Jul 6 09:00:20 UTC 2006

Hi all - I'm trying to set up the Plone 2.5 Release (build 5466, but
I've had this same problem with about 4 different previous builds) on my
Windows XP system, and I'm getting an error that other people have
already mentioned in this list a couple of months back. The error comes
just before the installer finishes (while it's attempting to set up the
Plone site) and the message is:

"Executing the command setupSite.py' failed. Index error: String index
out of range."

The installer claims to have completed successfully, but the Plone site
won't load and I can't access the ZMI either.

Below is an extract of the postinstall - does anyone have any ideas what
the problem could be? Most of the previous threads mentioning this
problem suggest it would be fixed after the 2.5 release - is this not
the case?

Thanks guys,
Sheridan

07/06/06 09:01:41: 5348: ['D:\\Documents and Settings\\skates\\My
Documents\\Excluded from
backup\\Plone\\Data\\Products\\CMFPlone\\Extensions\\setupSite.py',
'sheridan82', 'D:\\Documents and Settings\\skates\\My
Documents\\Excluded from backup\\Plone\\Data', 'D:\\Documents and
Settings\\skates\\My Documents\\Excluded from backup\\Plone\\Data']
D:\Documents and Settings\skates\My Documents\Excluded from
backup\Plone\Data\Products\CMFPlone\Extensions\setupSite.py:17:
DeprecationWarning: The Zope package has been renamed to Zope2. Import
of a package named 'Zope' is deprecated and will be disabled starting in
Zope 2.11.
  import Zope
2006-07-06 09:01:50 WARNING Init Class
Products.ATContentTypes.content.base.ATCTFolderMixin has a security
declaration for nonexistent method 'manage_copyObjects'
2006-07-06 09:01:53 WARNING Plone Deprecation Warning
The CMFPlone.MemberData class will be removed in Plone 3.0
D:\Documents and Settings\skates\My Documents\Excluded from
backup\Plone\Data\Products\CMFSquidTool\Permissions.py:19:
DeprecationWarning: The module, 'Products.CMFCore.CMFCorePermissions' is
a deprecated compatiblity alias for 'Products.CMFCore.permissions';
please use the new module instead.
  from Products.CMFCore.CMFCorePermissions import ManagePortal
2006-07-06 09:02:01 WARNING Plone Deprecation Warning
CustomizationPolicies are deprecated and will be removed in Plone 3.0.
Please use GenericSetup extension profiles instead.
2006-07-06 09:02:01 WARNING Plone Deprecation Warning
registerSetupWidget is deprecated and will be removed in Plone 3.0.
2006-07-06 09:02:01 WARNING Plone Deprecation Warning
registerSetupWidget is deprecated and will be removed in Plone 3.0.
2006-07-06 09:02:01 WARNING Plone Deprecation Warning
CustomizationPolicies are deprecated and will be removed in Plone 3.0.
Please use GenericSetup extension profiles instead.
D:\Documents and Settings\skates\My Documents\Excluded from
backup\Plone\Data\Products\CMFSquidTool\__init__.py:38:
DeprecationWarning: The product_name parameter of ToolInit is deprecated
and will be ignored in CMF 2.0: CMFSquidTool
  icon="tool.gif",
D:\Documents and Settings\skates\My Documents\Excluded from
backup\Plone\Data\Products\CacheSetup\config.py:23: DeprecationWarning:
The zLOG package is deprecated and will be removed in Zope 2.11. Use the
Python logging module instead.
  LOG(PROJECT_NAME, INFO, msg)
D:\Documents and Settings\skates\My Documents\Excluded from
backup\Plone\Zope\lib\python\OFS\Application.py:835: DeprecationWarning:
__init__.py of Products.ExternalEditor has a long deprecated 'methods'
attribute. 'methods' will be ignored by install_product in Zope 2.10.
Please use registerClass instead.
  DeprecationWarning)
D:\Documents and Settings\skates\My Documents\Excluded from
backup\Plone\Data\Products\MemcachedManager\__init__.py:8:
DeprecationWarning: The zLOG package is deprecated and will be removed
in Zope 2.11. Use the Python logging module instead.
  LOG('MemcachedManager', log_level, summary, text)
D:\Documents and Settings\skates\My Documents\Excluded from
backup\Plone\Data\Products\kupu\plone\__init__.py:32:
DeprecationWarning: The product_name parameter of ToolInit is deprecated
and will be ignored in CMF 2.0: kupu
  icon="kupu_icon.gif",
2006-07-06 09:02:44 WARNING Plone Deprecation Warning
correctFolderContentsAction is deprecated and will be removed in Plone
3.0
2006-07-06 09:02:44 WARNING Plone Deprecation Warning
CatalogTool._initIndexes is deprecated, please use a GenericSetup
profile instead.
D:\Documents and Settings\skates\My Documents\Excluded from
backup\Plone\Zope\lib\python\OFS\subscribers.py:74: DeprecationWarning:
Products.CMFPlone.QuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool.manage_afterAdd
is deprecated and will be removed in Zope 2.11, you should use event
subscribers instead, and meanwhile mark the class with
<five:deprecatedManageAddDelete/>
  DeprecationWarning)
2006-07-06 09:03:14 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog http://foo
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 322, in
installProduct
   - __traceback_info__: ('MimetypesRegistry',)
  Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 225, in __call__
   - __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite at /Plone>,), {}, None)
  Module D:\Documents and Settings\skates\My Documents\Excluded from
backup\Plone\Data\Products\MimetypesRegistry\Extensions\Install.py, line
24, in install
  Module Products.CMFCore.utils, line 631, in manage_addTool
  Module Products.MimetypesRegistry.MimeTypesRegistry, line 102, in
__init__
  Module Products.MimetypesRegistry.mime_types, line 13, in initialize
  Module Products.MimetypesRegistry.mime_types.py_mimetypes, line 50, in
initialize
IndexError: string index out of range
2006-07-06 09:03:14 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog http://foo
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 322, in
installProduct
   - __traceback_info__: ('Archetypes',)
  Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 225, in __call__
   - __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite at /Plone>,), {}, (None, 1))
  Module D:\Documents and Settings\skates\My Documents\Excluded from
backup\Plone\Data\Products\Archetypes\Extensions\Install.py, line 15, in
install
  Module Products.Archetypes.Extensions.utils, line 449, in
setupArchetypes
  Module Products.Archetypes.Extensions.utils, line 51, in
install_dependencies
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 322, in
installProduct
   - __traceback_info__: ('MimetypesRegistry',)
  Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 225, in __call__
   - __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite at /Plone>,), {}, None)
  Module D:\Documents and Settings\skates\My Documents\Excluded from
backup\Plone\Data\Products\MimetypesRegistry\Extensions\Install.py, line
24, in install
  Module Products.CMFCore.utils, line 631, in manage_addTool
  Module Products.MimetypesRegistry.MimeTypesRegistry, line 102, in
__init__
  Module Products.MimetypesRegistry.mime_types, line 13, in initialize
  Module Products.MimetypesRegistry.mime_types.py_mimetypes, line 50, in
initialize
IndexError: string index out of range

IMPORTANT NOTICE
If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to the statement below or contact the sender.
This communication is from Deloitte & Touche LLP.  Deloitte & Touche LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at Stonecutter Court, 1 Stonecutter Street, London EC4A 4TR, United Kingdom.  Deloitte & Touche LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.  Deloitte & Touche LLP is the United Kingdom member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu ('DTT'), a Swiss Verein whose member firms are separate and independent legal entities.  Neither DTT nor any of its member firms has any liability for each other's acts or omissions.  Services are provided by member firms or their subsidiaries and not by DTT.
This communication and any attachments contain information which is confidential and may also be privileged.   It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please return it with the title "received in error" to IT.SECURITY.UK at deloitte.co.uk then delete the email and destroy any copies of it.
E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so. When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail and any attachments are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing Deloitte & Touche LLP client engagement letter.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any attachments which do not relate to the official business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.