[Setup] removing items not shown from page sent

Richard Lyons richard at the-place.net
Mon Jul 3 15:59:43 UTC 2006

I've set up two sites using DIYPlone, and borrowing heavily from its
css.  They seem to work, but I have two issues I would like help on.
I'll address them separately.

If you look at the source of the page received by an anonymous user,
although lots of stuff is not rendered on the html (eg. I have omitted
the author and last change info, the personal tools and other things),
all the omitted items are actually there in plain text in the source,
just not rendered in the page.  This seems a waste of bandwidth, on one
hand, and makes a nonsense of omitting those items, on the other. I used
the methods in the two tutorials by Alexander Limi and Dave Convent.
Did I miss something basic, or is this normal?

TIA

--
richard