[Setup] Re: Zope account problem

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Mon Jul 3 08:52:01 UTC 2006

Steven,
   I'm copying your off-list message back to the newsgroup:

----------------------------

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply!
In light of the information you've given me, I wonder if there's a
problem with our Zope / Plone configuration.  Here's a little more
information:
When I log into Zope as superuser, I do indeed see the acl_users folder
from the Zope root menu as well as the acl_users from the Plone root
menu.  When I create a new user from the acl_users folder in the Zope
root folder, the user can then log in from the Plone level.  However,
that user cannot log into the Zope level.  No matter what I try, the
only account that can log in from the Zope level is the administrator
account, which is "superuser".  So the mystery I'm trying to solve here
is, why can an account created from the Zope acl_users link log into
Plone but not Zope?

Once again, I really appreciate your response.  Thank you!

This is mysterious to me to now! ;-)

The only thing I can imagine is you THINK you're adding a user to the
zope root acl_users, but due to some weirdness connected with urls,
rewriting urls, acquisition(?) how your plone site was added to zope,
you're actually adding the user to the plone acl_users.

You might try going into the debugger

More intro at :  http://docs.neuroinf.de/programming-plone/debug

Have a look inside your site -

Did the user get added to /zope-root/acl_users  or
/zope-root/plone-root/acl_users  ?

I do wonder if the plone site got added in a strange place and this is
whats causing confusion.

Regards
Nick

--