[Setup] Re: migration

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Mon Jan 30 10:38:19 UTC 2006

Bryan Whiting wrote:
> I am tryring to migrate a few plone sites within one zope instance to a
> new server. On one of my sites, I am unable to import the old site. The
> error I get is:
> *Error Type: IndexError*
> *Error Value: list index out of range*
> Does any one have any idea why I am getting this error?

Although these Plone sites all share the same Zope instance and
therefore Products directory, is it possible that the one Plone site
thats failing has a different combination of 3rd-party products actually
installed, than the others?

You also might try rebuilding the catalog on the offending site prior to
trying migration  - a somewhat unscientific suggestion but this "seems
to often help".

Hope that helps

Nick