[Setup] Re: plone upgrade problems: not able to add new items

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 09:34:12 UTC 2006

ashley wrote:
> hi. i upgraded from plone 2.0.5 to 2.1.1. Everything seems to work ok, but when
> i log in i cannot make changes to any documents, although i can access the edit
> tab. it browser just hangs there waiting for an answer. also the options for
> adding content items is not there. theoretically i have RW permissions on the
> folder. I followed the steps in the UPGRADE.txt file and then upgraded the
> products under plone interface. I can add a folder and content from the zope
> interface as any user with rights.
>
> thanks,
> ashley

A few ideas:

Is it possible you have some customisations that are screwing this up?
In particular, have you customised base_edit.pt somewhere?

Try uninstalling all 3rd party products and see if it still happens.

You say the browser 'locks up' - does this happen in both IE and Firefox?

Does the event.log give any clues?

Another approach - act on the assumumption that migration has screwed
all permissions up (it does sometimes seem to mess with stuff thats been
customised through the ZMI) - and re-audit your permissions / sharing
/workflow. This might track down the problem.

Hope that helps,

Nick