[Setup] plone on XP: localhost not working

alan runyan alan at enfoldsystems.com
Sun Jan 22 16:57:40 UTC 2006

Try this:

Start -> run -> cmd
ipconfig

Find ip address of your ethernet card.

Then try to open http://ip.address:8080/Plone

See if that works.  Obviously there is a bug in socket handling code.  I may
have an idea of what it is.
You can also try:

Edit c:\program files\plone 2\dat\etc\zope.conf and search for ip address
that zope will attempt to bind to.
It might be 127.0.0.1 try to replace it with 0.0.0.0 and restart

Alan