[Setup] Plone 2.0.5 on MS Server - Upgrade Zope & Python

Stephen Cook cook_se at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 22 14:07:29 UTC 2006

Zope frequently crashes on our Windows Server.  I believe this is happening
because we're running 2.7.0, and I would like to upgrade to 2.7.8.
Unfortunately, I cannot find any documentation on how to upgrade Zope
without upgrading all of Plone, and my test upgrades have been unsuccessful.
  I've searched all over plone.org, zope.org. Google, etc. with no success.
We're currently in the testing stages of migrating to 2.1.1, but we need to
improve system stability ASAP.  He're our config:

OS - MS Server 2003
Plone - 2.0.5
Zope - 2.7.0
Python - 2.3.3

We also need to upgrade to Python 2.3.5.  Does anybody have tips to upgrade
Python as well?

We've sort of found a work around.  So far, our attempts to migrate to Plone
2.1.1 ultimately fail, but both Zope & Python end up being upgraded to 2.7.8
& 2.3.5, I believe.  I just keep thinking that there must be an easier way.

Thanks,
Stephen