[Setup] Re: Upgrading python - did it work?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed Jan 18 02:43:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:16:59 -0800, J. Michael Adams
<jma at oksofar.com> wrote:

> It installed correctly, but the migration tool still says that I have
> 2.3.3.
> I can't figure out any way to update that.
>
> Did I upgrade Python? Why don't I see the new version number?

The system python (which the installer you downloaded is) is not the same
Python as Plone uses. It ships with its own Python.

Generally, we recommend that you stick to the version that shipped with
the installer you are running.

If you upgrade to Plone 2.1.x, you will get Python 2.3.5.