[Setup] Plone won't initialise on XP

nathan at thetomato.co.uk nathan at thetomato.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 08:35:15 UTC 2006

Hi All

I'm relatively new to installing plone but have it on my mac (using enfold installer) which worked fine... but have tried to install on my PC (running XP Home Edition) and the installer 2.1.1 hangs when intitialising plone at the end - tried to get to it at http://localhost:8080/plone and /manage but won't connect. I tried an earlier version 2.0.5 which didn't hang but plone would not initilise from the start menu, neither was it available at http://localhost:8080/plone or /manage

I know this question has been posed before so it's not just my system and I've been in contact by email with other people who've had this problem, none of whom have found a solution... any ideas...?