[Setup] Re: Plone 2.0.5 -> 2.1.1 migration can not add new conten and byline link fails

Steve McDonald mcdonald at triumf.ca
Thu Jan 5 20:56:00 UTC 2006

Thanks

    As you pointed out the portal_navigation error was from a third
party product CMFExternalFile, when I uninstall this product I can add
content. However CMFExternalFile  does not seem to have changed since
Nov 2003 so there is no newer verson to install. Is there an alternative
product one should be using to store external files. I understood (maybe
Incorrectly) that CMFExternalFile was a commonly used  product for
storing external files and now it seems to nolonger work with plone2.1

Thanks
Steve

PS:  I apologise, I also broke the thread by relying directly to
Alexander's first email, I have attached below my first reply back and
his response.