[Setup] Re: Failed migration

Sydney Weidman syd at plug.ca
Thu Jan 5 05:02:43 UTC 2006

Alexander Limi <limi at ...> writes:

> On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 00:38:10 +0100, Sydney Weidman
> <syd at ...> wrote:
>
> > # Error value: No registered migrator for '('Event', 'ATEvent')' found
> > # File
> > I had a look at the migration classes in the atctmigrator.py; can I just
> > attempt
> > to write another class that will handle my customized event type?
>
> Seems like you have an old version of ATCT installed, is this right?
>
> You can try going to portal_atct in the ZMI and run migration there
> manually before you do the Plone migration. Worth a try. :)
>
> Also check the "dead content types" script (you might have some left-over
> objects) from:
>
> http://plone.org/documentation/migration/2.1

I just installed ATContentTypes Tools from the ZMI, but when I tried the
migration from the "Type Migration" and it immediatly errors out with

Couldn't migrate src_portal_type due to missing FTI
Couldn't migrate src_portal_type due to missing FTI
Couldn't migrate src_portal_type due to missing FTI
Couldn't migrate src_portal_type due to missing FTI
Couldn't migrate src_portal_type due to missing FTI
Couldn't migrate src_portal_type due to missing FTI
Couldn't migrate src_portal_type due to missing FTI
Couldn't migrate src_portal_type due to missing FTI
Couldn't migrate src_portal_type due to missing FTI
Couldn't migrate src_portal_type due to missing FTI

Nothing much shows up in the event.log

Then I tried using Plone-2.1.2-rc1 and got a bit further.

I ran the dead types script, which listed ForumFolder, ForumMessages, and
ForumNB. I don't really understand why those types are dead, because they are
part of CMFBoard, which is installed.

I was able to bring up the plone control panel for the site, and it showed that
ATContentTypes was not installed, so I installed it, reran the "Type Migration"
and got the original error, but in a plone error page:

Error Type
    ValueError
Error Value
    No registered migrator for '('Event', 'ATEvent')' found
Request made at
    2006/01/04 22:40:14.955 US/Central

Just in case its useful, I pasted the whole traceback below

Regards,
Syd

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
  Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile, line 110, in _exec
  Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 104, in pt_render
   - <PageTemplateFile at /leadership_winnipeg/portal_atct/manage_typeMigration>
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 206, in __call__
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 250, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 426, in do_optTag_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 411, in do_optTag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 406, in no_tag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 250, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 677, in do_condition
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 250, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 426, in do_optTag_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 411, in do_optTag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 406, in no_tag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 250, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 677, in do_condition
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 250, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 426, in do_optTag_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 411, in do_optTag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 406, in no_tag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 250, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 477, in do_setLocal_tal
  Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 221, in evaluate
   - Line 95, Column 4
   - Expression: standard:'here/migrateContentTypesToATCT'
   - Names:
      {'container': <ATCTTool at /leadership_winnipeg/portal_atct>,
       'context': <ATCTTool at /leadership_winnipeg/portal_atct>,
       'default': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.Default instance at 0xb76e466c>,
       'here': <ATCTTool at /leadership_winnipeg/portal_atct>,
       'loop': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.SafeMapping object at 0xb20c81ec>,
       'modules': <Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr._SecureModuleImporter
instance at 0xb76f358c>,
       'nothing': None,
       'options': {'args': ()},
       'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.SafeMapping object at 0xb20c81ec>,
       'request': <HTTPRequest,
URL=http://localhost:8080/leadership_winnipeg/portal_atct/manage_typeMigration>,
       'root': <Application at >,
       'template': <PageTemplateFile at
/leadership_winnipeg/portal_atct/manage_typeMigration>,
       'traverse_subpath': [],
       'user': syd}
  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 185, in __call__
  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 180, in _eval
  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 85, in render
  Module Products.ATContentTypes.tool.migration, line 260, in
migrateContentTypesToATCT
  Module Products.ATContentTypes.migration.atctmigrator, line 239, in migrateAll
  Module Products.ATContentTypes.migration.common, line 194, in migratePortalType
ValueError: No registered migrator for '('Event', 'ATEvent')' found