[Setup] Re: Plone registration form

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed Jan 4 21:45:30 UTC 2006

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:36:07 +0100, Cliff Williams
<gcw-python at rezidew.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to add fields to the registration form and make them
> searchable? I wanted to add a "profile" for a group of users but I'd be
> duplicating much of what is provided in ./personalize_form.

If you're starting fresh, I would investigate using Membrane, CMFMember's
official successor. We're using it in production for quite a few of our
customers, but it might still take some effort to get started, I'm not
sure.

CMFMember does a lot, unfortunately this makes it very complex and
somewhat fragile. Membrane re-thinks the problem and makes it much much
simpler. Investigate both, and see what fits your use case best.