[Setup] Plone 2.0.5 -> 2.1.1 migration can not add new content and byline link fails

Steven McDonald mcdonald at triumf.ca
Tue Jan 3 00:08:17 UTC 2006

Hi

    I have just upgraded a site I have been playing with for the last
little while from plone 2.0.5 to 2.1.1 and I have encountered the
following issues
    I am using plone 2.1.1, Zope 2.8.2-final, and python 2.3.5 on Linux

    1) When I click on the "by username" byline at the top of the page I
get the following  error messge, the History link works okay it is just
when I click on the username.

  Site error

This site encountered an error trying to fulfill your request. The
errors were:

Error Type
    AttributeError
Error Value
    'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Title'
Request made at
    2006/01/02 15:57:36.259 US/Pacific

Also
    2)  I no longer seem to be able to add any content, I can modify
existing content but when I try to add new folders or files i get the
following

  Site error

This site encountered an error trying to fulfill your request. The
errors were:

Error Type
    AttributeError
Error Value
    portal_navigation
Request made at
    2006/01/02 16:01:51.988 US/Pacific

I have created a new skin via the ZMI and modified a few items, I tried
reverting back to the Plone Default skin in the event I had buggered
something up, but it made no difference. I do not have a lot of content
I have mostly been just getting acustomed to the ZMI and Plone.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve McDonald