[Setup] Permissions

alan runyan alan at enfoldsystems.com
Mon Jan 2 16:39:15 UTC 2006

This is entirely wrong.  If you touch the ZMI permissions on individual
content you are doing bad.
Please don't do bad.  Doing bad hurts you and us - because you are using the
software wrong and will give Plone a bad reputation.

Two ways to accomplish what you want:

  - Use workflow for you content type!

  - Create a new "Factory Type Info" in the portal_types folder called
CliffsFolder

  - Then copy and paste the folder_workflow and create cliffs_workflow and
assign the workflow to CliffsFolder only.  Then have the initial state of
the cliffs_workflow folder be the correct permissions.

  - Let people create the new content types; if more people want to have
different roles use the Sharing tab on the folder!

Lets all stop doing bad in 2006!

Alan Runyan
p.s. I'm joking - I imagine you don't know about
portal_types/portal_workflow and I know your not consciously doing bad
*wink*