[Setup] Indexing and searching on Word.

Tariq Ahmed tariq at cflex.net
Tue Feb 28 19:39:59 UTC 2006

Hey guys I have some questions if someone has any time.

I have a basic plone site, and it works great. But I need to be able to
search on the  content of Word docs. What's the easiest way to go about
doing this? I read a bit up on Archetypes, but it sounds like that's a
mechanism for converting information, which I don't necessarily need to to.

Looking at this document:
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/integrating-office-files

It says install Archetypes, but isn't that already included with Plone
(btw it would be great if it linked to the things it's asking you to
install).

I downloaded Archtetypes 1.3.7 bundle, and the readme.txt mentions to
run the "quickinstaller_tool", there's no such file in the Archetypes
directory structure... ??

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

What are the odds that the next version of plone and index and search
office docs out of the box?

Muchos Thanks in advance!