[Setup] Re: Migration Plone 2.0.5 to 2.1.2 / lost all formatting

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Tue Feb 28 01:04:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 03:38:05 -0600, Ralf
<ralf.blaha at gmx.at> wrote:

> I migrated from Plone 2.0.5 to 2.1.2 (on an WinXP Prof. testing machine)
> and
> experienced no errors during the migration. Now, the homepage looks
> rather
> weird (no graphics, no
> columns, like a homepage from 1994); there is hardly any formatting now.
>
> The only modifications I made (before migration) were the change of the
> logo
> and the deletion of the right-most column. I didn't install any products.
>
> I checked the thread "Migrated Plone but lost all formatting" from Rob
> Thomas (5.1.2006) and the answers given there, but they don't help me
> (checked header.pt and invoking the css files one by one).
>
> It would be nice if anybody could give me a hint how to solve this
> problem!

- Look in the source output of your site (View Source)

- Search for any CSS files referenced

- See if they actually exist by pasting their URLs into your browser and
see if you get errors

This should get you a bit closer.

PS: if the site is available publicly, it should be pretty easy to figure
out what's up if you can give us the URL. :)