[Setup] Executing the command 'setupSite.py' failed

alan runyan alan at enfoldsystems.com
Mon Feb 27 14:14:24 UTC 2006

I don't know what the PYTHONPATH is used for in IBM's laptop.
You can try commenting it out (?).  Here are the only options I know of:

  - Download Enfold Server for a trial since we do not depend on
  environment or registry.

  - Comment out the PYTHONPATH in the registry

  - Clean your environment before installing, i.e. something like
  set PYTHONPATH=
  the run everything through command line.  This *might* work.

I cannot *guarantee* this will be fixed in 2.5 but I'm pushing on trying to
retrofit Enfold's setup and configuration with the open source plone
packaging system (we are maintainers of the open source installer) and are
managing two of them.  The problem is spending more time retrofitting.  We
are currently focused 100% on getting a new product out the door.

But 2.5 should take another month and by that time I hope we will be in a
better place to determine if the 2.5 installer will be different from the
2.1 series.

Cheers,
Alan