[Setup] Intranet Wishlist

alan runyan alan at enfoldsystems.com
Mon Feb 27 14:08:24 UTC 2006

Well these are commercial offerings for Plone but:

  - Enfold Server which is Plone with lots of windows additional hooks
  such as out-of-the-box office document indexing, NTLM (single sign on),
  lots of auto configuration and is commercially supported.
  http://www.enfoldsystems.com/Products/Server

  - Enfold Proxy is a IIS integration for Plone that does caching.
  And NTLM integration.  In beta a load balancer has been added if
  you want to balance across multiple processors.
  http://www.enfoldsystems.com/Products/Proxy

  - Enfold Desktop is a desktop integration with plone.  Users can
  perform actions on content in Server as if it were on their local
  desktop.  *FREE FOR NONCOMMERCIAL USE!*
  http://www.enfoldsystems.com/Products/Desktop

You can download any of these from our website for trial usage.

Also sounds like most of the feature set could be done in about 5-10 days of
work.  Maybe less depending on how complex the tasks are.  But it's a
reasonable feature list.
You can use MySQL database adapter that is open source or the commercially
supported mxODBC.

You can roll your own as you have access to everything because its open
source ;)

Lots of options.

Cheers,
Alan Runyan