[Setup] Re: New user with tabs questions

Joe Malin jmalin at tuvox.com
Tue Feb 21 18:49:11 UTC 2006

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:53:31 +0100, Raphael Ritz
<r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de> wrote:

>Timothy Reaves wrote:
>>     I just installed Plone 2.2.1 with the Mac installer. I'm going in
>> and playing around.  I noticed that when I add a folder to Home, not
>> only does it display in the nav portlet, but a tab is displayed as
>> well.  I want to remove a couple of the tabs, and do not want any
>> content tabs up top.  So I am reading the documentation, which says  to
>> go into /portal_actions and uncheck the Visible checkbox for the
>> portal_tabs for those items I do not want displayed.  Problem is,  they
>> don't exist.
>>
>>     In portal_actions, the only entry for portal_tabs is Home.  Nothing
>> for Members, News, or Events.
>>
>>     So how do I disable these?  And how do I prevent tabs for folders I
>> create under Home as well?
>>
>>     Thanks!
>

>Site Setup -> Navigation Settings -> uncheck Automatically generate tabs.
>
>Quoted from http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/changing-tabs ;-)
>
>Raphael

Hmmm. I don't see that anywhere on the page you just quoted! Are you
sure it was on that page? The documentation on that page (the
following is a direct paste of the address bar in my browser):
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/changing-tabs

says (again a direct paste):
||| Say you want to get rid of the "Welcome" and "News" tabs from the top of the portal.
|||Go to the Zope Management Interface (ZMI) in Plone Setup, and then to the portal_actions tool.
|||In this list, there are lots of different items, look for the things you want to not show (the tabs at the top have category portal_tabs). Untick the Visible checkbox on the items you do not want to appear in the portal.

but as Timothy noted, News *doesn't appear in the portal_actions tool.