[Setup] Re: Problem Installing Plone on Windows XP

Joe Malin jmalin at tuvox.com
Tue Feb 21 18:59:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:40:38 +0000 (UTC), Dan Thomas
<dthomas at ois-online.com> wrote:

>Make sure you're not the Zope emergency user, create another user and log in
>with this new user.
>
>Dan

I actually fixed this. Apparently some registry settings were
confusing the installer; it was going to a non-existent version of
Python.

I did discover *another* problem which is described in bug 5109
http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/5109. I had to delete the extension
entry for application/x-aim.

After doing all this, I discovered that Zope 2.whatever in the Windows
installer  doesn't support Ploneboard, so I dumped everything and
installed manually, using Python 2.4.2, Zope 2.9, and Plone 2.1.2.
This works fine.