[Setup] Re: Bus error (core dumped) on FreeBSD

Jochen Knuth jok at kumbi.org
Wed Feb 15 13:16:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

gael at pegliasco.com schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a terrible problem installing Plone 2.1.2 on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p1
> with zope 2.9 and python 2.4.2
>
> Everything seems to work properly, except that :
>
> 1) after submitting the plone site creation form nothing is displayed
> 2) when I click on the 'view' tab I've got a "Bus error (core dumped)" without
> any other information
>
> What is wrong ?

1) Use the supported versions (Zope 2.8.5 or Zope 2.7.8 with Python 2.3.5)

2) When you install Python 2.3.5 with the ports system, select the "Huge
Stack Size" option (this is the cure for the Bus error)

3) Make sure that the Zope process has enough ressources available
(memory, file descriptors etc)

> Could you help me please ? Is this a known bug ?
> Must I switch to python 2.3.5 and zope 2.8.5 ?
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Gaël,

Ciao,
Jochen