[Setup] Re: Problem, while importing Members folder to new site!

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Tue Feb 14 09:19:36 UTC 2006

ramy wrote:

> Hi,
> while imporing *Members folder* from Plone 2.0.5 to Plone 2.1.2(as a
> part of copying users & user info),
>
> I got the following errror.
>
> May i know the reason behind this?
>

> with rgds,
>         Ramy.

You can't do a copy like that, because Members has changed from a Large
Plone Folder in 2.0.5 to an ATBTreeFolder in 2.1.2.

It needs be converted first.

One way to do this would be to upgrade the site you're copying from,
from 2.0.5 to 2.1.2 first.

Or export the Members data in the 2.0.5 to a zexp file. Import that to
the 2.1.2 site then I believe you'd have to run type_migration from the
portal_atct tool. But thats a fiddly way to do it.  I'd say the first
way is easier.

Hope that helps,

Nick