[Setup] Re: Apache2 rewrite problems

S. David Sheeks sdsheeks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 20:33:04 UTC 2006

Actually this is what I came up with.  You'll need mod_rewrite and mod_proxy
installed and uncommented

<VirtualHost *:80>
 ServerAlias   domain.com
 ServerAlias   domain.com
ServerAdmin   webmaster@ domain.com
 ServerSignature On
 DocumentRoot "/var/www/localhost/htdocs"

 CustomLog     /var/log/apache2/example.org-access.log combined
 ErrorLog      /var/log/apache2/example.org-error.log
 LogLevel warn

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule ^/mychat(.*) - [L]
   RewriteRule ^/(.*) \

http://127.0.0.1:10080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/vname/VirtualH
ostRoot/$1 [P,L]

 </IfModule>

Port 10080 is your zope port and vname is your virtual host monster id

If you need help with this email me and I'll see what I can do.

Dave