[Setup] Re: AT + mimetype related 2.0_final to 2.1.2 migration faliure

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Mon Feb 13 10:39:15 UTC 2006

Hi,
   The traceback you posted may be significant. Or, if a secondary
symptom of something that went wrong earlier, it may not. So I would
first address some other possible root causes:

   Going straight from 2.0_final to 2.1.2 seems to me quite a jump. I
doubt many people have done that all in one go, especially with custom
AT-based products.

You could try upgrading 2.0_final to 2.0.5,
then perhaps individually upgrade AT from 1.2.5RC4 to 1.3.5
then 2.0.5 to 2.1.2

(all on, say, Zope 2.7.7).

At each stage make sure the site is working properly.

Its possible with what you did before, that although it says you got
from 2.0_final to 2.0.5 without errors, the site was left in a slightly
messed-up state which then broke the further migration from 2.0.5 to 2.1.2.

As for Mimetypes, we got Mimetypes-related errors after migration, and
found when looking at Mimetypes registry through the ZMI, all the icons
were broken. We uninstalled Mimetypes and reinstalled it and everything
was OK. So you might need to do that. I don't know why. ;-)

Hope that helps,
Nick