[Setup] Re: Is it OK to have Members folder type ATFolder not ATBTreeFolder in Plone 2.1.2?

Mats Lidell matsl at contactor.se
Sun Feb 12 21:04:53 UTC 2006

>>>>> Alexander wrote:

Alexander> This is normal. Member folders have always been normal
Alexander> folders, not Large Folders.

I was expecting ATFolders and not Plone Folders!? In a fresh created
site members get ATFolders don't they?

Anyway after digging a bit further down into the site it seems like it
is an bad shape. We did some customizations where we based new types
on the Folder type. (I have to check how and why that was done but I
think it was a matter of copying the type and then limiting the types
that could be held by the customized folder.)

For some reason most members seems to have folders of one of these
customized folder types instead of Plone Folders. I guess this pretty
well explains why migration won't find them. They don't have the right
portal_type.

Maybe I should give up on the (semi)automatic migration and start with
a fresh site instead and move the contents by copying and importing.

Yours
--
%% Mats