[Setup] Re: migrating a site with default encoding other than utf-8

Lauri Virtanen lauri.virtanen at sll.fi
Fri Feb 10 10:01:35 UTC 2006

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:49:39 -0700, Steve Rauch wrote:
> Lauri Virtanen wrote:
>> In evens_log:
>> AttributeError: CMFCollector
>
> Go to the ZMI/portal_types and see if you have types that you are sure came from
> those Products you removed. I think you can just remove them.

I removed obsolete portal_types (PloneChat and Collector-related)
and got rid of the first three error messages in event_log.

The other errors with TALInterpreter.py and TranslationServiceTool.py
UnicodeDecodeError remains.

Hannosch wrote in plone-cvs 20 Nov 2005:
> Added convertToUTF8 script to convert a non-utf-8 site into a utf8 site.
> This needs a lot more testing ;)

I wonder if Hannosh or anyone else is working on this?
I promise to keep on testing ;)

Lauri